Updated 11th January
Please visit and “Like” our Facebook. See pictures, read our 5* reviews and leave your review!!
HAPPY RIDING IN 2019 and BEYOND!
New Year Offers.
Save £20 on The Confident Rider Workshop on Jan 26th.
Ashen Equestrian Centre’s 2020 Relocation to “Ashen Hall”, CO10 8JU
(Courses will continue at our current address throughout 2019.)
- Our plans include –
- Building a beautiful new yard and arena, relocating Ashen Equestrian Centre and offering Horse Holidays.
- Hacking, dog walking and cycle tracks around the perimeters of fields.
- Reinstating the tennis court.
- Converting a derelict C18 redundant farm barn into a workshop / snug room, kitchen and toilet on the ground floor and accommodation, toilet and shower for Ashen E.C and Horse Holidays on the first floor.
- Further large derelict C18 redundant farm barn to be converted into a 5 bedroom Bed and Breakfast / self-catering holiday let with walled garden.
- A charming but dilapidated C18 flint and brick shed to be converted into a fully self-contained holiday let cottage with private walled garden.
- The Grade II listed C18 farmhouse, “Ashen Hall”, in need of extensive renovation, accommodation, family home for Fran, Robert, Becky, Chris, Max and Wolfie Chapman.
- The character of the refurbished buildings would be retained with exposure of as much of the original fabric as possible.
- To view the planning application please use this link – https://publicaccess.braintree.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PHGS88BFL0K00&activeTab=summary
To finance the purchase of Ashen Hall Chris and Becky are adding an extension to their current house and adding more grazing land. The 4 bedroom (2 en-suite) house, yard and 8-10 acres will go on the open market in 2019.
With stunning views across the Stour Valley and beautiful rural location, close to the historic towns of Clare, Long Melford and Bury St. Edmunds, local to Finchingfield, Cavendish and Lavenham, only 70 miles from London, approximately 25 miles from Cambridge, Colchester and Chelmsford and 30 miles from Stansted Airport our new location has much to offer and attract visitors.
Visitors will be able to bring their dog(s) / horse(s), receive riding lessons, hacking, walking, bike riding and enjoy other farm animals including chickens, ducks and miniature Shetlands.
We will be creating employment for at least two additional employees and custom for local shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
Letters of support would be much appreciated and can be sent here – https://www.braintree.gov.uk/pa4 or Development Management
Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree CM7 9HB.
Ensure you mention the Application no. PP-07392016 or site address, Ashen Hall, Ashen, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 8JU in any correspondence.
Thank you and happy riding.
To sign up to our regular Newsletter email email@example.com