Updated 13th May
Please visit and “Like” our Facebook. See pictures, read our 5* reviews and leave your review!!
Message from Becky –
Thank you for your enquiries regarding when I will be returning to coaching and resume running courses from Ashen Equestrian Centre.
- Strider Club Members,
- Those signed up for our newsletter,
- Clients who have paid deposits for courses cancelled due to Covid 19, and
- Those who made enquiries during lockdown have been contacted and have priority booking.
Having taken a sabbatical over winter to build an annexe for my in-laws, we were depending on returning to “business as usual” in March.
On the bright-side the annexe is finished; it looks amazing and my in-laws are safe, happy and settled. Chris and I are no longer sleeping on a mattress on the Bunk House floor and are back in our house.
We are re-energised and are using the lockdown to:
- Iimplement Covid-safe strategies for when we reopen.
- Create a new, larger, better equipped Club / classroom for workshops. Adjacent to which will be a new improved separate toilet and wet room.
- Work on the luxury holiday cottage, new bbq area and decking.
Unless government guidelines dictate otherwise courses will resume in July.
We have always limited the number of course participants to ensure quality of delivery. Course places will be reduced further and our new, larger classroom will allow for physical distancing.
Long-term emotional and physical soundness of horse and rider is my top priority. Please read on for further Ashen E.C. Covid 19 Guidelines
Check availability on 3 Day Course
Check availability on Long Weekend Courses
“Make Your Own Courses” have been cancelled for 2020. Please scroll down for alternative ways to train with your horse at Ashen E.C.
Riding Simulator Sessions will resume in July at the earliest. Contact us to enquire / book email@example.com or call 07900 436110.
With Course places so limited we are now offering Intensive One-to-One Training at Ashen E.C.
- Private *clicker / groundwork / flatwork or polework sessions, tailored to you and your horse.
- Private half-hour dismounted workshop for Q&A, video feedback, sports psychology, NLP and relevant dismounted exercises.
- Scheduled to ensure social distancing.
- DIY livery for your horse.
*Clicker training on One-to-One is only available for those who have done a Clicker Foundations Course, please contact us with your questions.
More details here
Use our 20 x 60 Arena with mirrors will be at a reduced rate until further notice (was £20 per hour).
- Non – members £10 per hour.
- Strider Club Members and key-workers – £5 per hour.
PLEASE NOTE –
Sessions will be scheduled at one and an half hour intervals to ensure social distancing.
For single horse use only, no sharing.
Full day hire is suspended until further notice.
Sessions must be booked in advance, contact us to check availability and book.
Please ensure your horse’s hooves are picked out and clean before entering the arena and again before leaving the arena so that we do not lose our precious surface! Please bring your own hoof pick.
All droppings must be cleared from the arena and car park. Please bring your poop-scoop.
You are welcome to use our poles but no jumping on our arena until further notice.
No loose schooling in the arena.
Please rake up and remove any hay from the car park before you leave.
Our Open Weekend has provisionally been rescheduled to July 25th & 26th. Please keep your eye on our website and newsletters for updates.
IMPORTANT – guidelines for visitors to Ashen Equestrian Centre.
- If you have not booked please do not visit us. But please do stay in-touch via email and over the phone, we love hearing from you.
- If you, or anyone you have been in contact with has Coronavirus symptoms or if you or anyone you care for is in high risk category(s) please adhere to the current government guidelines and contact us so that we can reschedule your bookings.
- We will continue to make our kitchenette, toilet and shower available to our visitors and will be taking extra special care with our cleaning protocol. Please help us with careful handwashing and hygiene practice
- Bringing your own drinking and eating utensils is encouraged.
- If your horsebox has toilet and cooking facilities please use them rather than ours.
- Please bag up and take your food waste and other litter home rather than using our bins.
- No eating or drinking in the Clubroom until further notice.
- Remember social distancing protocol while observing lessons from the decking or the viewing hut.
- Although ours remain available for your use we suggest course participants bring their own mucking out tools.
- Please use disposable gloves when carrying out tasks on the yard (for example using the hose). We aim to have gloves available but help us by bringing your own where possible.
- Course participants and those here for Intensive one-to-one training may stay onsite in their horsebox or caravan ensuring they adhere to physical distancing at all time. Accommodation in our new, improved Bunk House and Holiday Cottage will be available later in the year.
The website www.ashenec.co.uk has been, and will continue to be, updated regularly.
Thank you for your messages of support, your patience and understanding throughout these challenging times. I am so looking forward to welcoming you. Like many, our bank balance is suffering, but we are determined to remain safe and well and to do what we can to assist you and your horses achieve the same objective.
Rescheduled Alexandra Kurland Clicker Course – details here
NEW DATE – Build on the Foundations Clicker Course 14th & 15th July
COMING SUMMER 2020 –
Luxury 5* holiday cottage!
HACKING AND DOG WALKING TRACKS and much, much more.
To sign up to our regular Newsletter email firstname.lastname@example.org